Levels of approach and Sections
Describing the different problems that cause migration expands the reach of our approach. For Cinemigrante, migrating is a state of the body, is walking through a territory looking for sustenance; is leaving a state of war, of conflict; crossing physical or imaginary borders; is moving from stillness to action; is inhabiting new places, occupying and modifying them. The approach of the Festival takes into account many different aspects regarding moving and movement. This multiple views are present in the design of the activities and in the selection of the films. Our actions are aimed at different national and international migration organizations, which also take part in the development of the contents of these actions.
Cinemigrante Film Festival primary focus is the need for encounter and dialogue, above all other human actions. Therefore, every Section of the Film Festival intends to present the essence and characteristics that these present dialogues have had and have at the moment of the encounter.
- Dialogue between America and Europe (migration from Europe to America, from America to Europe)
- Dialogue between American, Africa and Asia (migration from América to Africa and Asia and from Asia to América)
- Dialogue between Europe, Africa and Asia (migration from Europe to Africa and Asia, and from Asia to Africa and Europe)
- Inter-american dialogue (migration within America)
- Dialogue with the big cities (migration to cities, territorial settlements, occupation of the urban space, communities in big cities)
- The internal dialogue, the movement of the being (life stores, movement of the being)